Thursday 31 July 2008

Downtown Toronto with a Limo

Hey there guys

How are you all doing? We are doing grand and can't believe we only have 3 weeks left of camp before our tent has to come out again.

I realised in my last post I didn't explain the crafts bit in the title... what an idiot I am! The reason crafts was in the title is that is what I am doing all summer. They put me in charge of crafts (they must be mad). I am enjoying it though as I basically get to chill out with the kids all day.

I am also happy to report that my tailbone is much better and I have been out riding again. I have been riding a thoroughbred called Champ and he is a pure delight and I wish I could bring him home with me. (Mum I think we should go hunting for a thoroughbred when I get home).

Me and Champ


They also asked me to be a Riding Instructor last week so I got to teach kids all morning which was brilliant. So by the end of the week they were going over little cross rail jumps which was fantastic. I was so proud of them. On a saturday morning when they are picked up we do a little show for their parents so that went well and I think their parents were really proud too.

Last weekend we had an amazing treat and rented a Limo with a few other international people who are working at the Ranch. We went to downtown toronto for a meal and a cruise around! It was so much fun (the last time I was in a limo was on my hen night!) and Gav had never been in a limo before. We had such a good night and we went to Wayne Gretzky's restaurant as we had some hockey guys with us who were keen to see all the memorabilia. So Gav took some pictures for Mr Lawrence Sum as we know how big a fan you are.

Gav has been getting some fishing in as Teen Ranch have a small loch that is stocked with brook trout so someone has lent him a fly rod for the summer which is really great. He is continuing to play hockey and all the kids love to come and tell me how great he is and they can't believe he has never played before. They all love the charm of the irish man and seem to be disappointed when they hear I am his wife!!
Here is the man in his gear:


This weekend we have managed to get an extra 2 days off and we are going up to a cottage for the weekend with some of our friends!!! Can't wait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, race horse, how cool would that be! On the son-in-law front I'm thinking of swapping my skating lessons for ice hockey lessons. (Might help my knees having some padding on them!) We could go together, Gavin....?!!?

Anonymous said...

Hey guys

Hope you had a good time up at the cottage. It must not be long now till your little tent makes anoter viewing for all to see! Enjoy your last few months away! Time is going so quickly!

Love Nic xx

Anonymous said...

What a pair of champs!!!!
Love
Lizbeth
xxx

Toronto Limo Service said...

Looks like a very busy day. However, having a ride and go places using a Limo is great. The elegance of a Limousine service makes the day special and unique. It's good that Limousine rental service is now just a click away for inquiries and quotation.